President and CEO
Now this is exciting: At a time when we're growing our business in all departments, Sylvia Group has an opening for someone who will play a major role in furthering our growth.
- engagement — with longtime connections, with new contacts made through networking opportunities and with the community as a whole;
- expertise — a thorough knowledge of how Sylvia Group works and why the Sylvia Protection System (SPS) offers the best process for designing a customized program of performance-based insurance;
- energy — in addition to coordinating with a superb team of professionals across departments and welcoming clients and prospects to our leading-edge headquarters, the Personal Insurance Account Executive will thrive on going out into the community and representing Sylvia Group in multiple roles — as insurance agent, as agency ambassador, as difference-maker;
- enthusiasm — we're looking for someone who will bring in new business by sharing a sincere belief in who we are and what we do, and by communicating that belief to potential customers.
I promise you'll find there's much to be enthusiastic about.
The Sylvia Group difference
Our growth is primarily attributable to our process of examining individuals' and businesses' overall risks, exposures and goals, as well as their immediate needs. SPS — the Sylvia Protection System — and our exclusive 360° Risk Navigator™ are tools we use to analyze, plan, implement and coordinate programs of insurance, benefits and financial planning.
While our new Account Executive's principal responsibility will be introducing our process and Personal Insurance products and services to prospective clients, he or she also will work with our other divisions to address multiple customer needs. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to build a book of business with small Commercial Lines accounts.
A great place to work
What else makes us a team you want to join?
- Like most winning teams, ours is a blend of talented veterans and youth. Some staff members have been with us for decades, while others are early in their careers.
- We provide our staff with state-of-the-industry training and technology. In addition to receiving ongoing industry education, our employees work with superior equipment, software and resources that make them better able to serve our clients.
- We Make a Difference. That's not just what we do. It's who we are. We make a difference for our clients by providing products and services that make individuals more secure and more successful, and we make a difference in the community through agency-supported volunteerism and sponsorship of our many nonprofit clients. From agency-supported volunteer efforts on behalf of our many nonprofit clients to our many event sponsorships and monthly dress-down days to benefit local organizations, we derive a great deal of satisfaction from living up to our reputation as good corporate citizens.
- Our workplace culture. From our weekly company breakfasts to our monthly dress-down days in support of local nonprofits, from agency-organized outings to our annual holiday party, we have fun. We also support each other, working together to achieve success — a true team.
To apply for the Personal Insurance Account Executive position, click on the button below.
About Maureen Sylvia Armstrong and Sylvia Group
For more than three decades, Maureen Sylvia Armstrong has served her clients and her community, distinguishing herself as a recognized business and civic leader on Massachusetts' SouthCoast. From the time Maureen entered the agency founded by her grandfather in 1950, Sylvia Group has grown from a staff of 10 employees to a team of almost 50 highly trained professionals providing insurance, employee benefits and financial planning solutions to businesses and individuals throughout the SouthCoast and beyond. A graduate of Bishop Stang High School and Boston College’s Carroll School of Management with degrees in finance and marketing, Maureen has been honored by the SouthCoast Chamber of Commerce as Small Business Person of the Year, by SouthCoast Media Group as Woman of the Year and by Bristol Community College as a Benevolent Entrepreneur. In October 2018, she was inducted to the Bishop Stang High School Hall of Honors.
A repeat winner of the SouthCoast Media Best of the Best award as the region's top insurance agency, Sylvia Group helps businesses and individuals protect their future by designing performance-based insurance, benefits and financial planning programs. We’re a fourth-generation agency known for our commitment to our clients and the community, as well for our industry expertise. Founded in 1950 and serving businesses and individuals throughout New England and beyond, Sylvia Group is certified by the Massachusetts Supplier Diversity Office as a Women Business Enterprise and has the distinction of being the first six-time recipient of the Five Star designation awarded by the Massachusetts Association of Insurance Agents (MAIA) for all-around agency excellence.